Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard, with its high annual fee of $499, will automatically upgrade you to gold status in the first year. Emirates Skywards benefits on this card include access to lounges worldwide, anniversary bonus points if you spend $30,000 annually, priority check-in, boarding, and baggage delivery, and all the Barclay World Elite card travel benefits.
- Good credit needed
- Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Automatic upgrade within the first year to Emirates Skywards gold status. You must spend $40,000 annually to keep up the status.
Receive 50% bonus Skywards miles on Emirates flights for you and passengers on the same booking
Unlimited access to over 1,200 lounges worldwide for you and your guests with Priority Pass Select, Plus, complimentary lounge access to Emirates business class lounges worldwide for you and one guest
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency, etc. Max $5,000 per trip for a max of $10,000 per year.
Worldwide coverage on rentals up to 31 days. Coverage is secondary for domestic rentals and primary for international rentals.
Get coverage If you god forbid die in an accident on a Common Carrier while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing, receive up to $250,000 in compensation
Pay your monthly cell phone bill with this card and be covered in case your phone is stolen or damaged. (There is a $50 deductible on each claim. Max $800 per claim, $1,000 per year. Limit 2 claims per year).
If your luggage is delayed for a minimum of 4 hours you can claim up to $100 a day for up to 3 days
Priority check-in. boarding, and baggage delivery
Receive 10,000-anniversary bonus points after $30,000 spent annually