Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard, with its high annual fee of $499, will automatically upgrade you to gold status in the first year. Emirates Skywards benefits on this card include access to lounges worldwide, anniversary bonus points if you spend $30,000 annually, priority check-in, boarding, and baggage delivery, and all the Barclay World Elite card travel benefits.
- Good credit needed
- Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report
- Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
No foreign transaction fee.
Automatic upgrade to Emirates Skywards Gold status within the first year . You must spend $40,000 annually to keep up the status.
Get 50% bonus Skyward miles on Emirates flights for you and passengers on the same reservation.
Access to 1,200+ airport lounges worldwide, with a complimentary membership to Priority Pass Select for you and companions. Plus, complimentary access to Emirates business class lounges worldwide for you and one companion.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per trip, $10,000 per year.
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Emirates Skywards Premium credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.
Get complimentary priority boarding, check-in, and baggage delivery.
Get 10,000 bonus points each cardmember anniversary after spending $30,000 annually.