The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Choice Privileges Select Mastercard earns 5 points on essential category rewards, including gas, groceries, home improvement stores, and phone providers, plus 10 points at Choice hotels. You will also get many great benefits such as complimentary Choice Platinum status, cell phone insurance, TSA Precheck, auto rental insurance, travel accident and cancellation insurance, and more.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max-cards: You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Credit report: Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Your physical card can be expedited for a $16 fee. Wells Fargo will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $10,000-$10,000
Avg. Credit limit$10,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
– 10 points at participating Choice hotels on up to 6 nights, then 5 points, on up to 30 nights
– 5 points on gas, groceries, home improvement stores, and phone and cell phone providers
– 1 point on all other purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Earn 25% bonus points with elite platinum membership.
Receive 20 elite nights credits which qualify for at least Platinum status each calendar year.
Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4 years.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $5,000 per person per trip, with a max of of $20,000 per year.
Primary coverage on rentals for collision damage and theft (excluding Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland). Coverage is for rentals for up to 15 days in the U.S. and for up to 31 days outside the U.S. Max $50,000.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $1,000,000 in compensation.
Get up to $3,000 per trip for stolen or damaged luggage. Max of $2,000 per bag and $3,000 per trip for NY residents.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $25 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Choice Privileges Select Mastercard. Max 2 claims per year, max of $1,600 per year.
Receive 30,000 bonus points every account anniversary.
The points can be used at approximately 0.7 cents per point to book free nights at one of the following Choice hotel brands:
Ascend Hotel Collection
Park Plaza By Radisson
Country Inn & Suites By Radisson
Park Inn By Radisson
Radisson Inn & Suites