Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Aeroplan® Credit Card will help you earn points for an Air Canada voyage, or a trip with any of the 45 airline partners. You get to enjoy some great travel benefits such as 25k Elite status, a credit for Global Entry, TSA Precheck, or Nexus, a free first checked bag, trip cancellation/trip delay insurance, and more (details below). Plus, in early 2022, Chase will add a great benefit that will allow you to use your Aeroplan rewards to offset purchases for any airline ticket booked on any airline at a rate of 1.25 cents per point (USD)!
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Chase often declines consumers that currently have any Chase Freedom Credit Card
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. More recent data points suggest that Chase credit inquiries will not be combined even for two Personal or two Business cards for same-day applications
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If you get declined then you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login). You can also request Chase to overnight your physical card by calling Chase customer service.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $16,700-$18,700
Avg. Credit limit$17,700
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
No foreign transaction fee.
Automatic upgrade to Aeroplan 25K Status for the remainder of the first calendar year plus the following calendar year. With Aeroplan 25K Status you get priority check-in, early boarding, and free upgrades.
Requalify for 25K status for the remainder of the calendar year plus the following calendar year after spending $15,000 in a calendar year.
Plus, earn a one-level status boost for the remainder of the calendar year plus the following calendar year after spending $50,000 in a calendar year.
Get your first checked bag free for you and up to 8 companions on Air Canada flights
Starting in early 2022 Chase Aeroplan cardholders can use their Aeroplan Rewards to offset travel purchases booked on any airline at a rate of 1.25 cents per point (USD), up to 50,000 points per year. Plus, get a Priority Reward certificate after spending $100,000 on your card within a calendar year. This voucher can be used for a 50% discount on a reward redemption.
Get a free companion pass (valid for all classes) after you spend $1M on your card within a calendar year. Companion passes are only valid for Air Canada flights booked with rewards (you will get 100% of your rewards refunded for your companion's ticket)
Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry, TSA Precheck or NEXUS every 4 years.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency, extreme weather conditions, etc. Max $1,500 per person, max $6,000 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets.
Secondary coverage on rentals when renting within the U.S.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours or more, you can claim up to $500 per ticket to cover expenses like meals and lodging.
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $500 per claim, $50,000 per account.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries and clothing, for up to 3 days.