Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The British Airways Visa Signature card has an extremely big signup bonus for high credit card swipers. The card comes along with some decent travel benefits including luggage insurance, no foreign transaction fees, and more! You can also receive statement credits for taxes and fees, when booking BA flights to London using your reward points.
Earn 50,000 points after $3,000 spent within the first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 50,000 points after $20,000 spent within the first year.
- Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- This card is under the Chase 5/24 rule
- You can only get approved for up to 2 Chase Credit Cards in 30 days. (Business Card and Personal cards are counted separately)
- Chase will not approve you for this card if you currently have a British Airways Visa Signature Card, or if you have received a bonus on a British Airways Visa Signature Card with in the last 24 months
- Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
- Receive a statement credit three times a year of $100 when you book an economy or premium economy reward ticket, or $200 for business and first class tickets, traveling with BA to London and you pay the taxes, and fees using your British Airways Card
- Receive a Travel Together ticket after $30,000 spent every calendar year
- Luggage Delay Insurance
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection