Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Discover It Chrome for Students card offers benefits students appreciate. Earn cashback on gas and restaurants. The no foreign transaction fees make this card the perfect credit card for student learning aboard
- Credit: New credit ok
- Max cards: Discover will only approve you for one card every 12 months, and they only allow a total of 2 open Discover credit cards
- Credit bureau: Discover will usually pull your Experian credit report. If you freeze your Experian credit report then Discover will be glad to pull from either TransUnion or Equifax
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined. Note, Discover will only approve you for one credit card application within every twelve months. (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 347 2683
- Reconsideration: No reconsideration line
No foreign transaction fee.
Get a $20 statement credit every school year your GPA is 3.0 or higher, for up to 5 years.