Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The new United Quest Card is a middle card between the Luxury United Club card and the more basic United Explorer or United Gateway. The United Quest card has a $250 annual fee, but for someone flying United, the fee will very quickly payout with benefits like a $125 United credit, 5,000 bonus points for reward redemptions, first and second-checked bags free, and more. Travel protections include lost and delayed baggage insurance, trip cancelation, interruption, and trip delay insurance, auto rental insurance, and more. This card is perfect for a frequent United Airlines Traveler. Check out more details about the benefits below.
- Credit: Good credit needed (you will probably need at least one credit card open for more than a year)
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Chase card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Chase is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. If the first application is still pending, wait for it to be approved before you apply for a second card.
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
- Downgrade options: The Chase United Quest card can be downgraded to the Chase United Gateway ($0). Please note, Chase will only allow you to downgrade the card after 12 months of account opening.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$21,300
Avg. Credit limit$13,843
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
-3 points on United purchases
-2 points on travel (including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, rideshare services, and tolls), dining, and select streaming services
-1 point everywhere else
No foreign transaction fee.
Get boosted to a higher status faster! Earn up to 3,000 bonus Premier Qualifying Points. Earn 500 PQPs for every $12,000 you spend with your card (up to 3,000 PQPs per calendar year).
Premier upgrades on United flights (only for Mileage Plus Premier members).
First and second checked bags free for you and one companion on United flights. Plus receive a free carry-on bag even with a basic economy ticket. The ticket must be purchased with your United credit card and your MileagePlus number must be added to the reservation.
Receive up to $125 back on United purchases each card anniversary year.
Starting after your first year anniversary you will receive 5,000 bonus points after redeeming United points for a United award flight (max 2 timer per cardmember anniversary year). Expanded Award Availability on United flights when booking award flights.
Get a statement credit for Global Entry, TSA Precheck, or NEXUS every 4 years.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $1,500 per passenger and $6,000 per trip for non-refundable flight tickets.
Worldwide primary coverage on rentals up to 31 days.
Get up to $3,000 per person for lost or damaged luggage.
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $500 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time matched (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 3 years or less).
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day to cover expenses like toiletries & clothing, for up to 3 days.
Get complimentary priority boarding on United flights.
Receive 25% back (statement credit) on United for inflight purchases of Wifi, food and drinks.
Starting after your first year anniversary, you will receive 5,000 bonus points after redeeming United points for a United award flight (max 2 timer per cardmember anniversary year).