Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi Secured card does not earn rewards and also does not really have any benefits, the only good part is that there is no annual fee. The card can mature to a non secured card after about 18 months.
- Fair credit ok - newcomers welcome
- Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days
- Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull Equifax)
- You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Citi Identity Theft Solutions