Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Chase Freedom Rise card is a good starters card. It’s easy to get approved for with no previous credit and you will earn 1.5% cashback on all purchases, which will add to your Ultimate Rewards points.
- Credit: Fair credit Ok. It's recommended to have a Chase checking account with a balance of $250 or more. The account must be opened before you apply for the card, though you can deposit the $250 or more within 48 hours of applying for the card.
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more personal cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Center / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If you get declined then you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login). You can also request Chase to overnight your physical card by calling Chase customer service.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $500-$25,000
Avg. Credit limit$4,610
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
Get a $10 Instacart statement credit each quarter plus a free Instacart+ membership for 3 months.