Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Business Advantage Cash Rewards card is awesome for a business that spends a lot on office supplies, gas, travel, telecom, and wireless as you get 3% cashback on the first $50,000 spent a year.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- It is advised to have a Bank Of America business checking account for a better chance of approval.
- Step by step guide how to apply without an LLC or C-Corp
- Max cards: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- Not reported on personal credit reports: Bank Of America will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports.
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then Bank Of America pull your TransUnion credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, Credit inquiries for all Business BOA cards for same-day applications will be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: The old reconsideration number stopped working. There is currently no reconsideration phone line that I am aware of
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,700-$22,500
Avg. Credit limit$9,140
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- 3% cashback on the first $50,000 spent annually on your choice of one of the following categories: gas stations, travel, office supplies, telecom and wireless, business consulting services
- 2% cashback on dining
- 1% everywhere else
Bank of America Business Platinum members earn 75% bonus points which equal 5.25% cashback on the selected category, 3.5% cashback on dining, and 1.75% cashback on all other purchases.