Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Bank Of America Cash Rewards Secured card will help you build credit. You’ll earn 3% and 2% cash back on the first $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club purchases each quarter, then earn 1%. Enjoy the flexibility to choose how you redeem your cash rewards.
- Limited credit ok - newcomers welcome
- A minimum refundable security deposit of $300 (maximum of $4,900) is required to open this account
- Bank of America will only approve you for 2 Bank of America cards within 2 months, 3 Bank of America cards within 12 months, and 4 Bank of America cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved for a Bank of America card if you have more than 5 Bank of America credit cards open
- Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Except if your a BOA bank account holder, then, you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (if you freeze Experian then Bank Of America pull your TransUnion credit report)
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 800 354 0401 to be reconsidered
- Free FICO score
- Points do not expire