Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Wells Fargo Propel card earns 3% cashback on every dollar spent on gas, flights, hotels, transit, restaurants, and popular streaming services. But, it has very limited benefits and perks.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- You might need a Wells Fargo bank account: You might need a Wells Fargo bank account in order to get approved for some of their credit cards
- Max-cards: You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Credit report: Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
Recent Approvals and Denials (as submitted by Help Me Build Credit users)
Credit limit range $1,500-$1,500
Avg. Credit limit$1,500
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Wells Fargo Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 120 days of account opening
- No penalty APR