Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The card_name makes sense if you are planning on staying often at IHG properties. First of all, you will get 10 points at IHG hotels. Secondly, you can use your points to book three nights at an IHG hotel and then get the fourth night free! Plus, you will get a free night hotel stay every card anniversary year for nights valued at up to 40,000 points (you can now add an unlimited amount of points to top-off the certificate above 40,000 points per night). You will get upgraded complimentarily to IHG Platinum Elite status which includes room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, welcome amenity at check-in, and more! If you spend $40,000 plus one additional purchase on your card per calendar year, then you can earn IHG Diamond status. That will add even more benefits for you in addition to the previously mentioned ones! This is besides that you earn a $100 statement credit plus 10,000 bonus points after spending $20,000 (plus one additional purchase) each calendar year!
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Chase 5/24 rule: Chase will decline an applicant that has opened 5 or more personal cards (other issuers included) in the past 24 months. Hence, 5/24 rule
- Max cards: You can get approved for up to 2 Chase credit cards in 30 days. Business cards and personal cards are counted separately
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Chase card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Chase is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. If the first application is still pending, wait for it to be approved before you apply for a second card
- Credit bureau: Chase Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for all Personal Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Chase cards for same-day applications will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined.
- Check application status: You can check your application status at Chase.com / Customer Service / Check my app status or call 1 888 338 2586
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 888 609 7805 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: You will be able to add your new card to your mobile wallet immediately after you get approved (it can sometimes take up to an hour for it to show up in your online login).
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$17,000
Avg. Credit limit$11,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
No foreign transaction fee.
Get upgraded complimentary to IHG Platinum Elite Status.
You can earn IHG Diamond status after spending $40,000 plus one additional purchase on your card per calendar year.
Earn $50 United Travel cash annually. You will get $25 on January 1st and another $25 on July 1st. (Please note: The credit issued between January 1st and June 30th will expire on July 15th and the credit issued from July 1st through December 31st will expire on January 15th).
Get a free 1-night hotel stay every account anniversary year (for hotels that cost up to 40,000 points per night). New! You can add an unlimited amount of points to top-off the certificate above 40,000 points per night
Get an additional free night after spending $60,000 on purchases and making one additional purchase each calendar year (for hotels that cost up to 40,000 points per night). New! You can add an unlimited amount of points to top-off the certificate above 40,000 points per night
Use your points to book a three night stay and get the fourth night free.
Get a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check every 4 years.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $1,500 per person and $6,000 per trip
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged or stolen, up to 120 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per account.
Earn a $100 statement credit plus 10,000 bonus points after spending $20,000 (plus one additional purchase) each calendar year.
The points can be used at approximately half a penny per point to book free nights at one of the following IHG hotel brands:
- Six Senses
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- Vignette Collection
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Hotel Indigo
- Even Hotels
- Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn
- Atwell Suites
- Staybridge Suites
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Candlewood Suites