Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Discover It is a fairly easy credit card to get approved. Great US-based customer service. Plus, all cash back earned the first year will be matched!
- New credit ok
- You can only have a total of 2 Discover credit cards
- Discover will not approve you for more than 1 credit card within every 12 months
- Discover will usually pull your Experian credit report. If you freeze your Experian credit report then Discover will be glad to pull from either TransUnion or Equifax.
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 347 2683
- No reconsideration line
- Balance transfer fee: 3%
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Discover
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first approx 60 days of account opening (Discover will give you the exact date on the cardmembers terms and conditions
- No penalty APR
- No Foreign Transaction Fee