Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
Enjoy piling up your Choice Hotel points with the Choice Privileges® Visa Signature® card. Earn 15 points on purchases at Choice Hotels and 2 points on all other purchases. Benefits include complimentary ChoiceGold status, 8,000 bonus points every anniversary year after spending $10,000 on the card each year, and more (see details below). Plus, the card has no annual fee.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Barclays is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second card to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,500-$7,200
Avg. Credit limit$4,120
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- Penalty APR
– 15 points on purchases at Choice Hotels
– 2 points on all other purchases.
Get automatically upgraded to Gold status and enjoy a free snack at check-in, 10% more rewards, and more.
Get your original manufacturer's warranty time doubled (up to a year). (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Choice Privilege credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
Get 8,000 bonus points each anniversary year after spending $10,000 on purchases within the cardmember year.