Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Bank Americard allows you to have 18 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers, but the card does not earn any rewards.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Bank of America will only approve you for a maximum of 2 cards within 2 months, 3 cards within 12 months, and 4 cards within 24 months
- You cannot get approved if you have more than a total of 5 Bank Of America credit cards open
- BOA 2/6 cards in 12 months rule: Bank of America will not approve you for their credit card if you opened more than 2 cards in the past 12 months, even if it’s from other issuers. Unless you are a BOA bank account holder, then you can get approved even if you opened up to 6 cards in 12 months
- 24 month rule: The Bank AmeriCard may not be available to you if you currently have or have had the Bank AmeriCard in the past 24 month period. Based on these terms, it seems that you "may" not be eligible for a new card until your previous card is closed for a full 24 months
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Bank Of America card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Bank Of America is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Bank Of America will usually pull your Experian credit report (If you freeze Experian you may be able to call reconsideration and request they pull one of the other credit bureaus)
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: I don't have a direct line to Bank of America's reconsideration department. If declined, you can call the new accounts fraud department at 1-888-230-6262, and they can connect you to the reconsideration department
Quickest way to get my card: You can request Bank of America to expedite your physical card by calling Bank of America customer service. Bank of America will in most cases not offer an instant credit card number for your new card.
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,200-$19,000
Avg. Credit limit$8,980
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
HelpMeBuildCredit credit ranges are a variation of FICO®️ Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application
- Balance transfer fee: 3%
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Bank Of America
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 days of account opening
- No penalty APR