The number 2020 is a neat, good-looking number. A “I-got-it-all-figured-out” type of number. Looks can be so deceiving…
When 2020 started, there was so much in plan- we’re talking big stuff. And then COVID hit. Regular life, as we knew it, halted. And many plans had to be shelved, at first.
Just to give you some perspective, I’ll share with you how COVID has affected this industry, and how it has affected Help Me Build Credit specifically.
Many credit card issuers limited the approval of credit card applications, being that the economy was shaky, and so many people were out of a job. Also, some credit card issuers have done away with 0% APR balance transfers. On top of that, close to 50 million Americans have had their credit limits cut.
But that’s not all!
Many credit cards were shut down, out of fear that people will lose their jobs, max out their cards, and have no way of paying their credit card bills. Unfortunately, I’ve had to deal with guiding many people that have lost their jobs and were behind in their payments, or helping people get into mortgage forbearance programs. To put it lightly, it was not fun at all.
Let’s just say that boy, am I glad that we’re up to here- wrapping up the year.
With all that being said- and with all the additional hardships this year has brought about- I am amazed at this year’s accomplishments! Many big projects have launched and many major developments have come about in this year alone. Let’s see what!
- We successfully rolled out our Ultimate Credit Card Finder section on our website! This makes it super easy to find the perfect credit card for you. Go to the filters, click, click, click, got it!
- The Ultimate Credit Card Finder took off with a bang! New cards are added on constantly. There’s 187 cards currently- most of them were added in 2020. The Ultimate Credit Card Finder allows you to filter your options down quickly and easily. Additionally, every card has its own dedicated page with all the info about the card, such as benefits details, welcome offer terms, approval tips, links to targeted offers and more!
- We introduced the new Credit Card Database, where users can submit/search real-time results that came about from their credit card applications. This includes accurate and recent info on which issuers approve cards the most often, what credit score you need, what the credit limits are, which credit bureau is being pulled for an inquiry and more!
- We started airing a new show on our Whatsapp status and on our YouTube channel, called CardWAQ. Every month we have a guest come onto the show to ask a wacky credit card question (that people are embarrassed to ask). Our informative answers can definitely compete with the questions 🙂
- We published a free downloadable guide, 100+ pages long! This guide discussed 7 great strategies on how to properly tackle credit card debt in a smart and educated way.
- We added 100+ great new posts to the Help Me Build Credit learning center! Gain insights on topics pertaining to credit scores, credit cards, debit management, and more!
- We implemented major improvements to our website’s loading speed time. We now score an impressive 99 on Google Webmaster (which is higher than Amazon or Walmart!)
2020’s most popular posts
Here’s a recap of our 2020 posts that piqued our readers’ interest most. Missed reading them? Here’s your second chance.
- Reallocating/ Transferring Credit Limits: Who Allows And Who Does Not.
- Capital One Spark: How To Get It Off Your Personal Credit Report
- Covid-19: Hardship And Forbearance Programs Offered By Credit Card Issuers And Banks
- When Do Credit Card Issuers Report Your Credit Card Balance To The Credit Bureaus?
- Chase Shutdown- Everything You Need To Know
- Stuck with A Credit Freeze? How to Unlock Without a Pin
2020’s most popular credit cards
Here is the list of credit cards that were the most popular among our readers.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- Amex Blue Cash Preferred
- Citi Double Cash
Here comes 2021!
Readers, get ready for 2021! It’s going to be a smashing year- in general, and for Help Me Build Credit. There’s a huge project underway, to be revealed in Q2! I can’t wait to share the details, but for now I need to shush.