Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Wells Fargo Platinum card gives you 18 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers. There is no penalty APR. But its stripped from any other benefits.
- Good credit needed
- You might need a Wells Fargo bank account in order to get approved for some of their credit cards
- You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: Introductory fee of 3% or $5, whichever is greater. This fee is only for the first 120 days. After that, the fee will be up to 5% or $5, whichever is greater.
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Wells Fargo bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 120 days of account opening
- No penalty APR
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $25 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum credit card. Max 2 claims per year.