The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Wells Fargo Hotels.com Rewards Visa card may be worthwhile if you do your hotels bookings with Hotels.com. You can earn full reward nights by collecting your stamps. Weigh the benefits to make sure it's worth signing up for this card.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max-cards: You might not qualify for a 2nd Wells Fargo credit card if you have opened a Wells Fargo card in the last 6 months
- Credit report: Wells Fargo will usually pull your Experian credit report (in some states they pull Experian and Equifax)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, but some data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 967 9521
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 412 5956 to have your application reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Your physical card can be expedited for a $16 fee. Wells Fargo will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
– No rewards on all purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $2,000 per person.
Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on domestic rentals, for up to 15 days. Primary coverage for collision damage and theft on international rentals (excluding Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland), for up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $150,000 in compensation.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $25 deductible) if your cell phone gets lost, breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Hotels.com Rewards credit card. Max $1,200 per year.