Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The US Bank Platinum card gives you a 0% interest rate for 20 months on purchases and balance transfers. That is one of the longest 0% Apr periods available now. But, its stripped from most other credit card benefits. And does not earn any rewards.
- Good/Excellent credit needed
- US Bank will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- US Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- If you frequently apply for credit cards, first freeze your IDA/ARS bureaus before applying for a US Bank credit card
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 947 1444
- If declined you can call 1 800 685 7680 and ask to speak to the credit card reconsideration department
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater.
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by US Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 days of account opening
- No penalty APR
- Cell Phone Protection