Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The U.S. Bank Visa Platinum Card gives you a 0% interest rate for 20 months on purchases and balance transfers. That is one of the longest 0% Apr periods available now. But, its stripped from most other credit card benefits. And does not earn any rewards.
- Credit: Good/Excellent credit needed
- Not reported on personal credit reports: US Bank will not report business credit cards on personal credit reports
- Credit report: US Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- Freeze IDA/ARS: If you frequently apply for credit cards, first freeze your IDA/ARS bureaus before applying for a US Bank credit card
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will not be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status by calling 1 800 947 1444
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 685 7680 and ask to speak to the credit card reconsideration department
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $1,000-$11,200
Avg. Credit limit$4,508
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer or $5 minimum, whichever is greater.
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by US Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 days of account opening
- No penalty APR
The fee is 2% if the foreign transaction in US dollars and 3% if the foreign transactions that is a different currency.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $25 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your U.S. Bank Platinum credit card. Max 2 claims per year.