Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Upromise Mastercard does not offer any significant benefits. But it can make it easier for you to save money towards College. You will earn 1.25 cents cashback on every dollar you spend.
- Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report
- You can check your application status here
- If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
- Balance transfer fee: 3% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Barclays Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 45 days
- No penalty APR
- Upromise Round Up: Choose an amount to roundup all of your purchases($1 to $500). For example if you spend on a coffee $3.75 then Barclays will bill you $4.00 and put away the extra 25 cents which you can later deposit to your college savings account.
- Receive 2 free day shipping with complimentary Shop Runner membership
- Receive a 15% bonus to your cashback when your account is linked to an eligible 529 college savings plan
- No Foreign Transaction Fee