Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold Amex card is a great basic travel card. You will earn 5 points on many travel purchases, 3 points on dining, 2 points on airline and gas, and 1 point everywhere else. Benfits include Global Entry or TSA Precheck, no foreign transaction fees, complimentary Boingo Wifi, and more.
- Good credit needed
- US Bank will usually pull your Experian credit report
- If you frequently apply for credit cards, first freeze your IDA/ARS bureaus before applying for a US Bank credit card
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 947 1444
- If declined you can call 1 800 685 7680 and ask to speak to the credit card reconsideration department
- Complimentary Boingo Wifi
- $25 airline fee credit when points are redeemed for a round trip flight
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Extended Warranty Protection
- Purchase Protection