Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Priceline VIP Rewards Visa card will automatically upgrade you to VIP Gold status. With Priceline VIP Gold, you will get priority customer service, 20% discount on VIP car rental deals, up to 50% off on exclusive hotel deals at over 30,000 hotels, and more. This card also offers a $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check application fee credit every anniversary year if you spent at least $10,000 in purchases within the anniversary year.
- Max cards: Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for three cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for another two cards since Barclays is very good about approving for three cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second and third cards to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $500-$30,000
Avg. Credit limit$15,250
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 5% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Barclays Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 45 days
- No penalty APR
– 5 points on Priceline bookings
– 2 points on gas and restaurants including delivery
– 1 point everywhere else
No foreign transaction fee.
- Get complimentary upgraded to Priceline VIP Gold status
Get a $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check application fee credit every anniversary year if you spend $10,000 in purchases