Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Priceline Rewards Visa card is good for those that use Priceline as their travel site. Earn 5 points on all purchases there. It is also a great card to take along on your vacation as it has no foreign transaction fees. Need to transfer a balance? Get a 15-month 0% APR intro period on balance transfers, plus for a limited time get 1 point per $1 transferred up to $5,000!
- Max cards: Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Barclays is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second card to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $3,600-$3,600
Avg. Credit limit$3,600
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfer fee: 5% or $5, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit cards issued by Barclays Bank
- To receive the Intro APR Offer, transfers must be completed within the first 45 days
- No penalty APR
– 5 points on eligible priceline.com purchases
– 1 point everywhere else
No foreign transaction fee.
Secondary coverage for collision damage and theft on domestic rentals for up to 15 days, and primary coverage for collision damage and theft on international rentals for up to 31 days (excluding rentals in Israel, Jamaica, the Republic of Ireland, or Northern Ireland).