Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The new Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card is a mid-tier Marriott card. The card offers Gold Elite status, 15 extra elite night credits, and a free night certificate (up to 50k points value) if you spend $15,000 on your card within a calendar year.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Amex 90-day rule: In a time span of 90 days, you can only get approved for 2 Amex cards.
- Max cards: You can only get approved for up to - and including- 5 Amex credit cards (including personal and business), but this rule isn’t always enforced (please note the total of 5 credit cards excludes some Amex cards that are No Preset Spending Limit* cards like the Amex Platinum, Amex Gold, etc)
- Apply for two cards: If you apply for one Amex card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for a second card since Amex is very good about approving for two cards, even within the same day
- Credit bureau: Amex will usually pull your Experian credit report. With the new "Apply With Confidence" feature, Amex will first do only a soft pull on your credit report and will let you know if approved or not. Only after you accept the approval will Amex do a hard pull on your credit (this feature is currently only available on Amex consumer cards. See more details below)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined, as long as they are both approved for on the same day. Note, for some existing Amex credit cardholders, Amex will not do a hard credit pull when applying for a new credit card at any time
- Check application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 800 567 1083
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 567 1083 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: Amex will sometimes give you an instant credit card number after approval, but not always. Amex physical credit cards cannot be expedited (except for the platinum cards) and will arrive after 5-7 business days
-6 points on Marriott Purchases
-4 points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases at restaurants worldwide and at US groceries
-2 points on all other purchases
No foreign transaction fee.
Get complimentary upgraded to Gold Elite status.
Plus, get 15 Elite night credits per calendar year to make it easier for you to reach higher Elite status.
Get a free 1-night hotel stay at a participating hotel after each card account anniversary year. Up to 50,000 points value. Plus, you have the option to top off the certificate by adding up to 15,000 Marriot points to book a stay for 65k points. Terms and Conditions apply
Secondary worldwide coverage (excluding Australia, Italy, and New Zealand) on rentals up to 30 days. Max $50,000. You can purchase a premium plan from Amex that will offer primary coverage up to 42 days. Max $100,000. Terms and Conditions apply
Get covered for lost or damaged luggage up to $500 per person for checked baggage and up to $1,250 per person for carry-on baggage. Max $10,000 per trip for NY residents. Terms and Conditions apply
If your flight is delayed for 12+ hours, you can claim up to $300 per trip to cover expenses like meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items. Up to 2 claims per year. Terms and Conditions apply
Get one additional year to your original manufacturer's warranty time. (Will only cover if the original warranty is for 5 years or less). Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year. Terms and Conditions apply
Get refunded if your purchase is damaged, lost, or stolen, up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Max $10,000 per claim, $50,000 per year. Terms and Conditions apply