Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The JetBlue card will allow you to enjoy a minimalist travel card with no annual fee. The travel protections included are the standard Barclays World Mastercards benefits including, auto rental insurance, luggage delay insurance, trip cancellation insurance, travel accident insurance, cell phone protection, and more.
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $0-$0
Avg. Credit limit$nan
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- No penalty APR
No foreign transaction fee.
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $1,500 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels,
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get reimbursed for up to $600 per claim (with a $100 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your JetBlue credit card. Max 3 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 6+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.