Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The HSBC Gold Master card has benefits fit for travel with a no fee for foreign transactions, auto collision damage waiver, and travel accident insurance. It’s a $0 annual fee, but you get no rewards on all purchases.
- Good credit needed
- HSBC will usually pull your Equifax credit report
- You can check your application status by calling 1 860 108 7788
- If declined you can call 1 866 574 4421 to be reconsidered
- Balance Transfer Fee: 4% or $10, whichever is greater.
- To receive the intro APR offer, transfers must be completed within the first 60 after account opening.
- You cannot transfer balances from other credit card that are issued by HSBC.
- Beware: If you make a late payment then a penalty APR may apply and you may lose the Intro APR offer
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Auto Rental Collision Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance