Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Discover It Secured card is overall the best-Secured Credit card. But it can be somewhat difficult to get approved if you have negative marks on your credit report. The card can mature to an unsecured card after 8 months of on-time payments
- Secured credit card - no credit needed
- Discover will only approve you for one card every 12 months, and they only allow a total of 2 open Discover credit cards
- Discover will usually pull your Experian credit report. If you freeze your Experian credit report then Discover will be glad to pull from either TransUnion or Equifax.
- You can check your application status here or call 1 800 347 2683
- If declined your application cannot be reconsidered
- Free Fico credit score
- No Foreign Transaction Fee