Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Citi AT&T Points Plus Card is a great no-annual-fee card that earns a nice amount of ThankYou points on multiple popular categories. You earn 3 points on gas, 2 points on groceries, including delivery, and 1 point on all other purchases (including AT&T products and services). Plus, you can earn up to a $20 statement credit for billing cycles in which you spend $1,000 and more (see full details below).
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Citi will only approve you for one personal card every 8 days, and only 2 Citi personal cards within 65 days.
- Credit bureau: Citi will usually pull your Experian credit report, sometimes Equifax, and sometimes Experian and Equifax (depending on your state, search your state in our credit card database).
- If you freeze your Experian credit report you can sometimes request the reconsideration department to pull your Equifax credit report.
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Credit inquiries for all Personal Citi cards will be combined; also, credit inquiries for all Business Citi cards will be combined. Credit inquiries for Personal and Business card applications will not be combined. Note, you cannot get approved for more than one Citi personal card within 8 days (Combining credit inquiries will only make a difference when declined for your first try and you want to try a new one)
- Application status: You can check your application status here or call 1 888 201 4523
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 800 695 5171 to be reconsidered
- Instant credit card number not available: Your new Citi credit card number will not be available immediately upon getting approved for the card
Quickest way to get my card: Citi will offer instant credit card numbers only on some cards (Custom Cash, Costco cards applied for in-store, AA, AT&T). Citi physical credit cards cannot be expedited and will arrive after 7-10 business days
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $0-$0
Avg. Credit limit$nan
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- 3 points on gas
- 2 points on groceries, including delivery
- 1 point on all other purchases, including AT&T products and services
Receive a $20 statement credit every billing cycle you spend $1,000 and more on your card (total of $240 a year).
Receive a $10 statement credit for billing cycles you spend only $500-$999.999.