Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Carnival World Mastercard will help you get cracking on FunPoints! That's fun and purposeful all in one. Plus, receive 10% in a statement credit after booking a Carnival shore trip on carnival.com
- Credit: Good credit needed
- Max cards: Barclays bank will (usually) only approve you for up to 2 personal credit cards within 12 months.
- Barclays will not approve you for their business cards if you have opened 6 or more credit cards within the past 24 months.
- Double-dipping: Barclays may not approve you for a credit card that you’ve already had in the past (and closed, for whatever reason).
Apply for three cards: If you apply for one Barclays card and get approved, it is recommended to apply for another two cards since Barclays is very good about approving for three cards, even within the same day. You might have to call the reconsideration department to push for the second and third cards to get approved.
- Use your Barclays card often: If you do not use your open Barclays cards often, then Barclays may hesitate to approve you for a new one
- Credit bureau: Barclays Bank will usually pull your Transunion credit report (if you freeze Transunion then Barclays will pull your Experian credit report)
- Combining same-day credit inquiries: Many data points suggest that credit inquiries for same-day applications will be combined
- Check application status: You can check your application status here
- Reconsideration: If declined you can call 1 866 408 4064 to be reconsidered
Quickest way to get my card: During the credit card application, you can request for your physical card to be expedited overnight via FedEx for a $15 fee. Barclays will not offer an instant credit card number for your new card
Approval Monitor (submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users)
Credit limit range $5,000-$9,000
Avg. Credit limit$7,000
Disclosure: These results are based on information submitted by HelpMeBuildCredit users. Credit card approval results are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Neither HelpMeBuildCredit nor the bank advertiser's take any responsibility on the accuracy of the information.
- Balance transfers must be made within 45 days of account opening to qualify for the intro rate
- Balance transfer fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- You cannot transfer balances from other accounts issued by Barclays Bank
- No Penalty APR
– 2 FunPoints on Carnival Cruise Line and World’s Leading Cruise Line purchases
– 1 FunPoint on all other purchases and on every $1 in balance transfers within the first 30 days, on up to 5,000 FunPoints
No foreign transaction fee.
Receive 10% in a statement credit after booking a Carnival shore trip on carnival.com
Coverage for canceled or interrupted travel due to an unforeseen medical emergency etc. Max $1,500 per trip for non-refundable travel expenses including flight tickets, hotels,
Worldwide primary coverage on international rentals, and secondary coverage on domestic rentals. Coverage is for rentals up to 31 days.
Get coverage if you, G-d forbid, die in an accident while traveling or lose a limb, sight, speech, or hearing (on common carriers). Receive up to $250,000 in compensation.
Get reimbursed for up to $800 per claim (with a $50 deductible) if your cell phone breaks or gets stolen. To activate coverage, you need to pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Carnival World credit card. Max $1,000 or 2 claims per year.
If your baggage is delayed for 4+ hours, you can claim up to $100 per day, for up to 3 days.