Help Me Build Credit has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Help Me Build Credit and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.
The Capital One Platinum card is a good card if you are trying to rebuild credit after a credit hardship, You can get a higher credit line after five monthly on-time payments.
- You can only get approved for 1 Capital One card every 6 months
- Capital One will do a hard credit inquiry by all 3 credit bureaus (you can freeze 1 credit report and still get approved)
- You can check your application status by calling 1 800 903 9177 or 1 877 277 5901
- If declined you can call 1 800 625 7866 to be reconsidered (Capital One will usually only reconsider an application due to application error)
- Earn a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- 24 hour travel assistance services
- Roadside Assistance
- 0 Fraud Liability
- Emergency card services for stolen or lost cards
- Mastercard ID theft protection
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Extended Warranty Protection